Beef Carpaccio is a very delicious recipe invented in 1950 by a person named “Giuseppe Cipriani” from Harry’s Bar in Venice. This mouthwatering dish was named after the painter ‘Vittore Carpaccio’. He was noted for the use of red in his paintings.
Carpaccio is basically a dish made of raw meat sliced very thin. It is served with a cold sauce that is made of lemon juice and olive oil. It can also be preferred with olive oil and parmesan cheese finely sliced right on the top of the beef. Some leaves of arugula also bring up amazing flavors. The key to making the best beef carpaccio is using the top quality products like extra virgin olive oil is a must as well as the finest quality beef in the market.
Ingredients You Need
- 1 egg yolk of medium size
- 1 pound center-cut beef tenderloin (prefer frozen)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard in powder form
- Pinch of white pepper
- 3/4th cup vegetable oil
- Juice of a ½ lemon
- 2 tsp English sauce
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4rth pound piece of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Things You Need
- Mixing bowl
- Spoons and forks
- Electric meat slicer (optional)
- Meat tenderizer
- Serving plates
- Whisk spoon
- Chef knife
- Brush spatula
- Plastic sheet
Preparation Of Mayonnaise Sauce
- Grab a bowl to add an egg yolk to the bowl.
- Add in ½ tsp of dry mustard powder in the bowl.
- Whisk it together for two minutes.
- Add a pinch of seasoning with some salt to taste and some white pepper powder.
- Slowly add the 3/4th cup of olive oil to the bowl and whisk it gently.
- Slowly incorporate all the oil, keep on gently mixing it.
- Add 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar and whisk it.
- After stirring for 2 minutes, add in the ½ tbsp lemon juice and mix
- Steadily add 3 tablespoons of milk and keep the stir constant.
- In the end, add 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Taste it and adjust the sauce according to your flavors.
- Refrigerate it while you work on another part of beef carpaccio.
How to Prepare the Beef
- Firstly you need to have a center cut of beef fillet that should be frozen and packed in a plastic sheet tightly.
- Now smoothly cut the beef with your favorite knife and cut it into the very finest thin slices.
- You can also use an electric meat slicer if you do not want to cut it with a knife.
- Carefully, choose the best knife to cut the beef to prevent accidental injuries.
- After slicing the meat, place a plastic sheet on the marble and put the meat slices in it.
- Wrap up the meat carefully without folding it.
- Hammer the beef with a meat tenderizer to make them more thin and easy to chew.
- Meat tenderizer also provides a very even thickness.
- Place the beef slices on your plate in an orderly way after unwrapping them from the plastic sheet.
- Take your mayonnaise sauce out of the refrigerator.
- Put 2 tablespoons of sauce over the meat and spread it.
- Add a few shaves of parmesan cheese with a peeler on the top of the beef carpaccio.
- Put a few drops of olive oil.
- Garnish with a few capers and a little bit of chopped parsley.
- In the end, garnish the dish with some arugula leaves on the top. These arugula leaves will bring a little bitterness to the dish.
- Now, serve the beef carpaccio immediately after it is done. Bon appetit!
Hopefully, you’d love to try this recipe at home. The pro tip we’d like to give you is that the knife plays an important role especially in the kitchen. So, make sure you buy a reliable and high-quality knife either it’s a chef knife, outdoor knife, OTF knife, pocket, EDC or any other.
Hope you enjoyed the instructions given to prepare this yummy Italian dish. It is savory in the mouth. Beef carpaccio only requires 15 minutes to prepare. It is a great course in appetizers. The one thing that you need to take care of is the best knife to cut the way it is instructed. Hopefully, you’d enjoy working on this recipe.